The IS Manager will oversee the IT department and work closely with the IT team to manage the company’s IT infrastructure, network, security, and software. The IS Manager will troubleshoot IT problems, administer computer system updates as well as install hardware and software for different departments. The IS Manager will ensure proper data storage infrastructure, access protocols, and rules.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains information systems by planning, monitoring, and coordinating employees.
- Maintains essential IT operations, including operating systems, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware.
- Participates in planning and designing technologies to meet the growing needs of the business.
- Manages hardware and software installations and upgrades.
- Oversees the internal IT support function.
- Develops private intranet and public internet sites.
- Offers coaching, leadership, and training to manage staff performance.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, and training employees.
- Assesses information systems results by auditing their application and results.
- Maintains an updated library of IT procedures and documentation related to the company’s processes and platform.
- Safeguards assets by planning and implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Maintains safe and healthy working environment by ensuring that information systems staff complies with organizational policies.
- Implement Network Security Standards approved by DoD and U.S. government
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- 8+ years of experience working in IT operations with at least 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Experience leading and managing IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructures.
- Experience in VMware, Exchange, Active Directory/AAD, LDAP, Microsoft 365, SCCM, Endpoint Manager, Veaam Backup, SonicWall, Group Policy, Symantec, Microsoft Defender, Bitlocker, SharePoint, Teams, Envoy a plus.
- Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network, and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and phone systems.
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- One or more years of experience with LAN technologies, including multiple network operating systems (NT, LAN Server), network topologies and protocols (TCP/IP, SMB, NetBIOS), and Wide Area Networking
- Experience in engineering and manufacturing environments helpful.
- Ability to deal with sensitive confidential information.
Computer Skills Required:
- Computer proficiency: all Windows operating systems, Linux and Mac.
- Hands-on technical skills required: VMWare, vCenter Server, Windows Server 2012 Data Center R2, WSUS, Active Directory, MS Exchange, Web Services, Dell Servers, All Types of Laptop and Desktop PCs, SCCM, SANs and NAS Storage Devices, Network Switches, Gateways and Firewalls
- Networking experience with switches, VLANs, VPN, DNS and DHCP.
- Experience with WiFi access points and management interfaces, Ruckus, Ubiquity Linksys and DDWRT.
- Experience with Dell Power Edge iDRAC server firmware
- Experience in applications management, Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Atlassian, Altium, Adobe, SolidWorks, Catia, Altair, MATLAB, Microsoft VLSC, Qt, Verisurf, Office 365.
Long periods of sitting at a desk working on a computer. May involve data inputting for extensive time periods in a day. Primarily in office and shop environments as required. Must adhere to shop safety practices and procedures.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Description: Senior IS Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: VP Of Engineering
Supervises: IT Staff
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com