The Senior Contracts Manager is responsible for preparing, negotiating (pre-contract award), maintaining, updating and recording customer contracts on behalf of Swift Engineering. Their duties include researching a contract’s terms and conditions, confirming the content is agreeable to the proposal on which the contact is based on, alerting parties to any changes and tracking all communications between themselves and customers. The SCM will work closely with all Operating departments to ensure contract is being executed to requirements, that scope of project is being followed and to alert customer of any changes to the project, which may result in a contract impact. The SCM will also provide guidance to Contract Administrator to accomplish their job duties and will guide the department in successfully executing the department and corporate functional objectives.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Evaluate, negotiate, and execute a wide variety of different contracts covering a range of transactions. Have a continual pulse of the contract throughout it’s lifecycle.
- Create and maintain relationships with customers and serve as the singular point of contact for matters concerning contracts. Ability to negotiate delivery dates, prices and assumptions with customers.
- Access customer portals and download documents such as proposals, drawing packages, etc. as well as upload proposals into those customer portals.
- Maintain records for correspondence and documentation in relation to established contracts and those in progress.
- Communicate and present information to stakeholders about all contract-related matters. Strong verbal communication skills necessary.
- Monitor contracts and move forward with close-out, extensions, or changes according to what’s best for the company.
- Solve any contract-related problems that may arise with other parties and internally with the company.
- Able to work collaboratively with program managers, shop floor technicians and other operations staff.
- Knowledge and experience with government FAR and DFAR clauses and ability to research and convey requirements of contracts to shareholders.
- Fundamental knowledge of composite manufacturing and techniques, standards and equipment.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret legal documents, financial reports, and technical documents.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, ratios and proportions.
- Good understanding of standard operating procedures (SOPs) and occupational, safety and environmental regulations and law.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Candidates must be US Person per ITAR and OPSEC requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience in aerospace industry or in a similar role preferred.
Computer Skills Required:
Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word.
Office environment, indoors, air-conditioned. Occasionally may be in an open shop environment. Occasional travel. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Swift Engineering Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment with Swift Engineering Inc is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Description: Senior Contracts Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Vice President of Business Development, Sales, Marketing, and Contracts
Supervises: Contract Administrator
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com